This is a curated list of some of the most useful third-party software that extends pandoc’s capabilities. For a more complete list, see the Pandoc Extras wiki page.
- PanWriter is a Markdown editor with live preview that can import and export using pandoc.
- Pandoc Mac OS X Services allows you to invoke pandoc from any text editor with the opened file as input.
- Editor support
- CLI wrappers
- panzer allows you to specify command-line options and styles in the Markdown file’s YAML metadata.
- pandocomatic is similar to panzer but also provides support for converting directory trees.
- panrun is a more minimalistic alternative to panzer and pandocomatic.
- Editing/document changes
- Data science
- R Markdown allows you to process Markdown documents with integrated data and charts (integrates pandoc).
- Citations and cross-references
- zotxt is Zotero extension for working with pandoc
- pandoc-citeproc supports citation and bibliography generation (note that the pandoc binary packages include this program).
- pandoc-crossref is a filter that adds support for figure, table, and equation numbers and cross-references.
- Lua filters (for a fuller list, see the lua-filters repository